Friday, April 6, 2012

Mack Robins, Blog 10


As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and as an artist, I get to seek out positive messages to show are share with others. I was glad that and my group and I get the chance to expose my friend’s beliefs about this Church and about herself. I really do wish that we can somehow have the whole interview in the video because it was so awesome. She has such a cool opinion and belief about things. She talked about Heaven and what she believes it will be like. Also, one quick example of what she believes is that it is more important to have your heart opened by the savior rather than just your ears. Another thing that I feel needs to be done is learn about others. We as members of the Church get to break down walls that stand in between races, genders, cultures, and yes even religions. Here I am grateful for the chance to show some people how not scary it is to meet a Deaf person. Shantel is awesome and she is a very normal person who is very easy to talk to, she is patient with people who don’t know sign and she is very good at speaking.

I think our collaboration was good, I know I need to learn patience and I also need to realize that making a movie it hard, and to be a full time student on top of that makes it that much harder. Also, it is really hard for me to allow other people to work. During the process I wanted to do everything. But as the process went on it was actually nice to allow someone else set up the camera and have someone who is also willing to put hours into a film. I think that we are doing a good job working together and I look forward to making many more movies with other students in the film program in the upcoming semesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment