Thursday, April 5, 2012

Final Reflections

   I think that using the final project to represent my “Mormon artistry” is a bit of an interesting thing to do. On one hand, my subject specifically someone who has moved to a new country and begun a successful business. Similarly, I am from the east coast and have come out here to school. As a result, I am learning things that will make me successful in life. Although adjustment at first was difficult, things have panned out now, and it’s great. On the other hand (referring to this project reflecting my ‘Mormon artistry’)I think that this project shows how I have a genuine interest for real people’s lives and situations. If I were not a member of the Church, I do believe I would be much more like House--not really caring about the little details that actually make life important, meaningful, and valuable...and also being much more cynical. However, I am a member and I truly have come to appreciate the beauty and strong value that hard work, as well as everyday life, has.
    Although I enjoy working as a team, I have never had to do much creative collaboration in my life. It has taught me so much. I never cease to be amazed at the more complex stories groups can come up with as opposed to what one can come up with on their own. Multiple times this semester, I have just been talking about a project idea and someone else says something and I realize ‘Yes! That will make a world of difference and be so much better!’ Then, when the project is finally done, I am so pleased at the results--a conglomerate of ideas fitted together to make a more perfect whole that is even bigger and better than any one person could have done on their own. As a result of this, I am able to see how important it s that I keep this up, if for no other reason that to grow and to hear about ideas that I wouldn’t have thought of myself. Furthermore, I have learned to respect my fellow film-students, they are all so talented and have a lot to offer and I know that I can learn from helping them out with projects or having them help me with my own. By doing this, I hope to become a more well-rounded filmmaker. I have a long way to go, but collaboration will be a great tool to get me closer.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said about collaboration. Collaboration is key in film!! I'm not usually a person that likes to work on "group projects," but so far working on films as a group has been nothing but fun and educational. The people around us are so talented, and if we all work together, we can make better films than we ever could alone! :)

    ReplyDelete