Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Final Post

Describe the ways that your final project reflects your goals as a Mormon Artist. What has the collaborative process has taught you about your own need for growth in the BYU film program?

My final project reflects my goals as a Mormon Artist in many ways, the post important of which being that the subject of my final project is someone who not only believes in being Christlike and living the Gospel fully, but who actually is Christlike and lives the Gospel fully. I feel like through this project, my fellow students will be able to learn from Maddy and see that they can also do something to help humanity, even in a small way. Not everyone has to do as much as she does, but everyone can do much more than they think they can. I hope that will be an important message people take home. As a Mormon artist, this is my goal. I want that which I put out into the world to reflect my beliefs and what I feel is truly good and uplifting, albeit often challenging and sorrowful. There would be no need for progress and development otherwise.

We are a bit behind in our group work for this project, however I have still learned things from all the other group projects we have done in the program so far, and I can foresee how the group work in this project will pan out. I have learned a great deal that filmmaking is an entirely group process. I can't do anything on my own in this field. I have very much attempted to keep my projects and work as absolutely simple as possible, to the point where I feel my projects have been completed as assignments and not pieces of art. This is really unfortunate. However, I am quickly realizing that this doesn't have to be the case. Working with other people, sharing ideas, and sharing the work load vastly improves my own ideas and the projects themselves as a whole. As I continue through the program, I hope to develop better teamwork skills and attitudes as I try to make art and not assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment