Thursday, April 5, 2012

Are we suppose to do this?

          Well, to be truthful, I do not know in which ways my final project does reflects my goals as a "Mormon Artist" because we haven't really done it yet.  (But a rough draft will be done by Tuesday, so don't fret!)  But, I guess I really only have one main goal, and everything else is appendages to that goal.  And said goal is: to make a living doing what I love.  If I wanted job security or something, I would have been an accountant.  But, that sounds lame/I don't want to do that.  So, wether I'm making something uplifting or just something fun, as long as I'm getting paid to do what I love to do, I will be a happy camper.  (Which phrase I use in the literally, not figural, sense because I do like to camp.)


          The collaborative process has taught me several things about my need for growth.  Well, actually it has taught me one thing for two reasons.  One thing - it has taught me the importance of knowing something about everything.  Reason One - if I know something about everything, I will be more useful to my fellow classmates; which, in theory, will allow me more opportunities to work on projects.  Reason Two - if I know something about everything, I don't need to collaborate.  Now, I'm not saying that collaboration is bad, just that sometimes it is hard to find people who can do it.  So, by being a jack-of-all-trades, I can pursue whatever project I want without needing to rely on others.


          I guess it has taught me some other stuff too.  And that is to be reliable.  If you're not reliable, you do not do your part, things do not get done, and no one wants to work with you in the future.  So, you're stuck by yourself.  (Which might be ok if you know something about everything because then you don't need them, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment