Monday, April 16, 2012

Goals and Realizations

In working on this final project I have discovered that one of my greatest goals as a mormon artist is to portray others in the best light possible. It is important to have well rounded characters, but that doesn't mean that we have to exploit them and show the world something that they would be embarrassed about. I have learned how important it is to me that I create/portray well rounded characters without alienating the people I film by doing or showing something that could do that.
Another goal that I feel my group has accomplished that shows forth through our final project is doing something that glorifies our God. This is the most important thing. In whatever we do we should be glorifying our God. He is the one that blessed us with talents to create, and we must give him the credit. We can do this is so many ways, but I feel like very few people actually do this. When it is done, however, it is extremely powerful and is the most influential and inspirational kind of story. I think back to the stories that I consider the most powerful and the films in which I was most emotionally involved and they are always ones that glorify our God. We are fools if we do not use our talents to glorify God.
Now that I have said that I feel like there is much room for improvement. But I know that the more in tune with the spirit, and the more we seek to glorify our God through our craft the greater we will become. The Lord will bless us with creativity and a greater ability to create emotion, and teach others what we know through what we do.

Regarding the collaborative process I learned the importance of working together and delegating responsibilities. I am the kind of person that likes to do things himself, and pound it out that way. But on this project specifically I learned that in order to succeed I must delegate, and I must let others do their part or I will burn myself out in a hurry. You can't make movies alone. You need a team, and above all else you need God.

No comments:

Post a Comment